You’ve got the destination, we’ve got the contacts, and we share all our tourism-related opportunities with you. It’s a pretty simple process — If the media lead looks like it’s a good fit, you pitch your story directly to the contact.
What You Get
- Media Lists: When you become a member, you’ll get up-to-date media lists in over 1,000 print and online publications that cover travel–there are more than 1,500 contacts included in our database!
- Source Requests from Writers & Editors: We get requests weekly from publications looking for destinations and sources for travel-related stories and features, some sourced through query round-up sites. Once we get them we post it to the members area so you can pitch the writer directly – we’ll give you all their contact info, deadline and what they’re looking for. As an added bonus, every week you’ll get a round-up email sent to alert you of outstanding opportunities. These will always be FREE editorial coverage opportunities.
- Editorial Calendars: In addition to the reactive story pitches above, we’ve also provided our members with over 80 downloadable editorial calendars for them to do their own proactive pitching based on themes for that month. These include national, regional and local print publications.
- Sample Pitches: Stressed about what to say when you reach out to editors, writers and bloggers? Don’t worry, we’ve provided members with multiple professional-level sample pitch letters to base their writing off of.
- Video Tutorials: Members have access to our easy-to-consume video tutorials showing them how to make the most use of all the tools that Sparrow Travel Media has to offer. Easy for anyone on your account to make sense of, and gain valuable insight from.
- Regular Content: There are so many questions when it comes to public relations – we get that – and we want you to understand the thinking behind our advice. The Sparrow Travel Media staff will regularly post content to explain the WHY. We also welcome blog ideas!
- Access to our Private Facebook Group: Wanting to fine-tune a media pitch, or get thoughts on which publications would make the most sense to pitch for your event? Crowd-sourcing with other like-minded individuals can be a great way to get some free insight! When you become a member of Sparrow Travel Media, you will gain access to our private, members-only Facebook group where you can ask and answer questions and share valuable insight.
- Paid Blogger Opportunities: We reach out to influential travel bloggers (with more than 50,000 unique monthly visitors) to find out what their fees are for visiting your destination and writing a blog review. We then post this information for you to get a good idea on budgets and expectations before reaching out to book a trip with them.
How You Benefit
- Save time: Quit spending hours searching everywhere for a publication’s contact information, or getting access to their editorial calendar—it’s all at your fingertips!
- Save money: Get ongoing PR assistance—and results—at a fraction of the cost of a traditional public relations agency. Many times Sparrow Travel Media fees are state travel grant fundable*.
- Access to top publications: You’re in control! Start connecting with the media, sift through real-time publicity opportunities and make a difference in the future of your destination.
- Build awareness: It’s a tale as old as time; being featured in media outlets will have a positive impact on your tourism goals, and help grow your local occupancy taxes.
*Always check with your individual state tourism board to determine eligibility.